Saturday, July 10, 2010

Usher

A few weeks ago, my friend, Pari, and I had this conversation:

Pari : Hey, u want to go see Usher?
Me : What's Usher?
Pari : It's not WHAT, it's WHO!!
Me : Ooops.. hehe.. ok..
Pari : *rolling her eyes* (and probably thinking what an idiot i was)

Anyways, in the mean time, i've actually had a chance to see Usher on TV and thought he's pretty good. :)

So, yesterday when Pari texted me to ask me if i was still interested in see Usher, I checked with Alan, who gave me the "GO", I told Pari i was in!! I was really more interested in the night off from the kids!! ha!

After she dropped off her 2 kids at our house under the care of Alan and 2 maids, we practically ran out of the house!! (we were both breastfeeding, so every minute counts!!). After a rather long taxi ride, we arrived at Mall of Asia(2nd biggest mall in Php) and went to look for the concert grounds.

Pari seemed very smooth at this searching and buying tickets stuff, so, i just stood around and watched the pro at work. In minutes, we had our tickets and we made our way to our Bronze area of the concert. It was an outdoor concert ground and looked more like a cheap and cheerful fun fair!(which is never really cheap or cheerful by the way).

We waited and endured thru some warm up bands' performances but after an hour, we were getting a little impatient!! And finally, Usher's turn was up and Pari's expressions were cute like an infatuated puppy! haha! I was in awe of his performance and dance moves! He made me have goose bumps even though he was only 2 mm tall from where i was standing and i can only see him between 2 heads once in a while! (short people should not get bad tickets!!). Fortunately, there were big screens near where we were, so we can still see him tease us silly crowd with his hot abs!! Yowzer..!

Anyways, even though i have only heard 1 song from Usher before that, i really enjoyed the concert and the only regret i had was, i wish i wore some sensible shoes!!

Thanks Pari for enlightening me on this decade's pop star scene!!


Pari and I at the concert
P.S yes, just in case you were wondering, we did leave the concert early to go tend to our babies only to find them asleep and content!!

No comments: