Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Millsers reunited!

The kids and I are finally home from our jaunt around the world. We really flew all the way around!! ha!

It's nice to see Alan after 3 weeks and Tyler especially was talking up a storm during the taxi ride home(he, of course, always had to act all aloof when he first sees Alan). When we got home, he was so excited to be home he ran from room to room and taking out all his toys, chatting at top speed. Unfortunately it was about 1 am, so although it was heartwarming, we had to tell him it was time to sleep! I'd never thought kids that young could be homesick, but i guess i was wrong!

All in all it was a good trip. I caught up with a grand total of 2 friends(Yeoh and Michelle, thanks for coming to see me!) in Malaysia! ha! (lots of kite flying friends). Spent a day with my brother and his kids and a day with my parents. In the US, we got a few errands done and spent some time with a bunch of friends and did our annual Bolder Boulder 10K run with a full set of Millsers(including the adopted one). Our last stop was in England, where we got to spend LOTS of time with grandma and grandad and even got to go do lots of adult and children sightseeing. I think it was nice for Tyler to see the grandparents as he is beginning to remember people. He seems to remember my parents from the last visit and after this visit, he's not going to forget grandma and granddad! We also got to spend a weekend with the other set of cousins Jake and Daniel and visit Will and Cristina.

Anyways, it's good to be back as Tyler was definitely showing signs of homesickness and I was tired of playing the bad cop. It's nice to resume my role as the firm good cop mother role! ha! Tyler managed to lose a few pounds which of course spawned comments like "What happened? Why is he so thin?!"

It's been a week since we've been home and we're still battling with a little bit of jetlag and Tyler's weight is finally on a gaining trend for a change! :) and i have a ton of blogs to catch up with! I'll start now i guess..

No comments: