Friday, March 29, 2013

Couples Night

It was our turn to host Couple's Night. Due to my near-disastrous-rare-lamb experience the last time, i figured i should try to redeem myself but serving something actually cooked this time! I opted for Red Wine Braised Short Ribs, served with Crispy Polenta and Green Beans and also a side of Brazilian Cheese Bread.

The ribs came out still tender and the sauce rich. Polenta also came out the way i like it, crispy outside and creamy inside. Even the kids(our kids) loved it!! :), which reminds me, i should go save the recipe!!

Braised Short Ribs with Crispy Polenta

Elaine's Grape and Goat Cheese appetizer

Pic of the Group

p.s Also a good reminder to go buy wine glasses because that night i realized i only had 6 wine glasses and apparently drinking red wine from champagne glasses are a bit no-no with my posh pants friends!!!

No comments: