Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

Christmas snuck up on me and left me very unprepared this year. With Christmas cards unsent, cookies unbaked, gifts unbought, i was scrambling around Christmas morning trying to salvage whatever that's left.

With a late start, i managed to get us a Christmas morning picture without too many crying kids before the opening of the presents commenced.



The Christmas morning family picture

Tyler definitely led the presents count this year by a long shot. Some of them were even opened before Christmas due to several reasons, one of them being he has a instant gratification mother!!

Below is what most of the morning looked like : Tyler ripping apart presents as fast as he can, Alan helping him out and Cody staring and bored out of his mind. Me? Taking picture of course. :)

 
The presents opening scene


Check out those chi-chi's

So, after the presents were all opened, i left Alan to clean up the mess and ran off to Steffen's house for my next duty for the day- cook Christmas dinner. Steffen had just bought a house with a double oven and i thought it was super clever of me to delegate Christmas celebration to Steffen. But i ended up spending lots of time running back and forth that I'm not sure I'm as clever as i initially thought!

So, the next 2-3 hours, Steffen and I work on getting our Christmas dinner on the table. I did most of the cooking while Steffen did most of the prep work and cleaning up and as dinner was served, the house still looked spotless(never happens at my house!!) and food was presented beautifully. Good job, Steffen!!



  Food is served in Steffen's beautiful home

And as the host of the house, Steffen did the honors of carving the turkey which was a smoked turkey cooked by my friend Emilio. Oh yummy!!!



Steffen carving his first turkey


Steffen and I with the cakes that we made

After dinner was done, we relaxed and opened our gifts from our Secret Santa. Then we had some cakes and tea and played games and watched Notting Hill before we called it a night.

All in all, i think i consider this Christmas salvaged. :) Who needs any more fattening cookies and I'll get the Christmas cards out after Christmas!!!

No comments: