Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pies - fear conquered

One of my favorite thing to eat when I'm in England is their yummy savory pastries which include sausage rolls and their pies. Though I've been married to an English man for more than 6 years, I'm sad to say that I've never made any pie till this week, all because i was so afraid that it was going to taste horrible.

But recently while Evelyn was here, I found them eating frozen beef pies(multiple occasions) which even I found quite inedible and I figured if they can eat that, nothing i cook is going to be too bad! :)

So, with that i brushed off the dust off my cook book and took on my first beef pie. Surprisingly, it turned pretty good and it was easy peasy to make too(though it did take like 2 hrs to simmer). This week, i tried my hand on a chicken and leek pie which was even easier and yummier. I invited a few guinea pigs and pigs they were indeed. They chowed down my pie before i even had a chance to get a second piece. Pigs!!!

Anyways, there you go, I'm pie certified!



Chicken and Leek pie

No comments: