Friday, February 25, 2011

Indian lunch with the girls (and Alan)

A few of us took a Indian cooking class a few months back. Since then, my pack of spice that we got from the class has been sitting on my shelf begging to be used. So, this week, i decided to have a Indian lunch. Strangely enough, i'm not sure i've actually cooked a whole Indian meal on my own even though it's one of my favorite food!

Because some of us found the task of cooking Indian food a little daunting, we decided to cook one dish each. Rina and I even cooked together for moral support(which was a good thing!!!). We also asked our local Indian, Pari to contribute a dish. So here was the menu:

Vegetable Bryani ( Rina and I)
Chicken Makhani (Rina and I)
Saag Paneer (Irene)
Bhindi Masala (me)
Dhal (Pari)
Naan (Pari)

And to make it proper, i even invited our teacher over for lunch to critique and the end result was, it was pretty darn good! And Rina and I, who sweated over the most complicated bryani dish, were most relieved that the bryani turned out even though we overcooked it at the beginning stage!!! :) We definitely need a simplified Bryani dish!

Enjoying our yummy Indian food!

No comments: