Saturday, October 8, 2011

Dental Dash 5K - In the rain and up the hill

We have had great weather for the last few weeks, so when I signed up for the Dental Dash 5K it was with the expectation of setting a fast time...

Then I got an email this week from the organizer explaining that the weather was going to be rainy, cold (close to zero) and the course had a lot of hills with the last 300 yards basically straight up..

I was definitely in two minds about doing the race, but in the end I bit the bullet and did the run.

I managed to put in a decent time despite the weather and the hills, 23 minutes and 43 seconds, which gave me 6th place overall and 2nd place in my age group.

My medal finally arrived

Tough Finish

















Next week I will be back on the expresso bike which should improve my stamina !!

No comments: