Friday, March 13, 2015

Cody finally nails skiing!

Cody hasn't been too keen on skiing ever. So, after 1 - 2 classes, i figured it was time for me to take him to the bunny hills and see if we can crack it. 

As usual, in the morning, he came to me and said he doesn't want to go ski. But Tiger Mom said, "We're going skiing!!"(even though my body screamed no too!).

Anyways, we get to Eldora, he whines and up chucks his breakfast while we're in the parking lot and I thought "Oh boy, i drove all the way for this". But he did look better so, we schlepped our skis and poles to the mountains. 

We started off on the Magic Carpet and he was initially quite slow but got more and more confident with each run. After 4 runs, he said, "This is boring, let's go on the ski lift!". I was like.. "Alright then!!!". Just a comparison, it took Tyler nearly all day before he felt comfortable going to the ski lift!

We did a few runs on the ski lifts and he finally looked at me and said, "This is actually fun, Mommy. I love skiing!!" And the Tiger Mom in me smiled.. 

We stayed and skied after lunch too which was more than i expected and headed home at around 3 pm! Awesome day!

Do we really have to go..?? His enthusiasm was catching!!!

This ski is toooooooo heavy....

Is that a smile??

Riding the magic carpet

I think he's got it!!!!

Big smiles after a day of skiing is a good day!!


This is him going slow.. 


Getting a little better...

He's got it!!!


No comments: