Monday, March 9, 2015

New hobby for 2015 for me. Shooting.. maybe?

It is now nearly halfway thru March and i have not picked my 2 hobbies for the year. One thing that came to mind was to learn to shoot which is something that i'm terrified of. But in the spirit of conquering my fears and all, i've asked my friend James to take me shooting to see if i like it enough to take it up as a hobby.

James came all prepared and even make me take a 15 min introductory course. Just to show i'm a super star student.. here are the 3 rules:

1) Always point muzzle to the front
2) Finger off the trigger unless pointing at target.
3) Good stance(preferably not in high heels!!)

He also brought a variety of guns for me to try. Carl also contributed a gun to the pool. So, we had a S&W 617, S&W model 41, Sig Sauer p225 and a Ruger SR40.

I was started off with a smaller caliber pistol and slowly moved up. Here are some videos and pictures of the exciting hour.


Our most prepared shooting guide

Carl looking cool, but can't hit shit.. ha!

That's my target using one of the smaller caliber guns..

And of course, here are the videos, you can be the judge of when a gun is too big for me.







All in all, it was a fun experience. I haven't quite decided that this is something i would like to pursue, but it's still under consideration.

No comments: