Saturday, July 4, 2015

Superior Downhill Mile 2015 - Tyler makes his debut

I normally run the Superior Mile on July 4th, and this year Tyler was persuaded to run as well.  We had an early 6am start, and were on the startline ready to race at 7am.

I told Tyler not to go too fast at the start but also avoid getting trampled.  Without any delay the gun went off and we were off (at the finish Tyler said Daddy you started so fast).

I have lost some speed from last year, probably due to lack of training but I managed a respectable 5:42.9, Overall 54th out of 261, 11th in my age group, the only question was if Tyler could finish within 2 minutes of me.

I ran back up the course, and cheered Tyler on encouraging him to sprint and try and beat the bigger kid ahead of him.

He had a great finish and came in 7:39.5, overall 153 out of 261 and second in his age group, missing out by only 1.5 seconds from the top spot.


Before our victory coke and pepsi



No comments: