Saturday, August 26, 2017

Alan takes part in the Mini HaHa Triathlon

I last did this triathlon back in 2014, where I managed a time of 1 hour, 1 minute and 6 seconds, so I was determined this year to finish in under 1 hour.

I had only done around 50 miles of bike practice in preparation for the race (300 yard swim, 11 bike, 2 run), but did make a decision to use my road bike as I figured that was worth a minute or 2 and I did get to practice 2 bikes to run using my stationary trainer and treadmill, so I was feeling fairly confident about breaking 1 hour.

My swim was around the same as last time (the boys told me I was one of the last out of the pool), but I did have a much faster transition and passed a lot of people on the bike (definitely felt tired on the second lap) .  I also had a good transition from bike to run and although my legs didn't feel great I was surprised to look down and see I was running around 7:15 pace.  I did pass 3 or 4 more people on the run, including the overall women winner in the last 100 yards or so.

So my splits were 5:35 for swim (including transition), 35:14 for bike (including transition) and 12:26 for the run, with my official time being 57:03 and a seventh place overall (second in my age group).  Overall a great result, could maybe improve a minute in the swim, three minutes in the bike and maybe a minute in the run, so potential time of 52 minutes??

The boys and Siew Gin came out to cheer me on and that helped for sure.

Swim details

Bike details

Run details

Start of the bike

1 lap complete

Coming into transition

Setting off on the run, boys watching on

Finishing the run



1 comment:

evelyn and patrick said...

Well done very impressed xx