Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Adventures in KL

Well, it's not exactly super exciting adventures but after a few days of rest in Melaka, we went to KL to visit a few friends and relatives.

First stop was my sister's house. We stayed overnight at her new apartment and went out for some super good pig's intestines soup. The next day we went out for some pampering at a hair salon that took 4 hours to get my hair done(too much hair) and also cost a poor person monthly wage!! Then we visited my oldest aunt and later some shopping therapy. I have to say things in Malaysia seem really expensive.


Kim and Chui Li(check out her fancy hair do)

We met up with Kim(sister's hubby) for dinner before we parted ways and went on to Aunt Jessica's house who also lives in the same apartment block as my brother and his family and my sister-in-law's sister. So, we got to see them as well.


Big brother Daniel with Baby Tyler


Picture with Aunt Jessica and Eric(my brother) after a good meal at a Shanghainese restaurant

After lunch wiht my aunt and my sister in laws other sister, i was off to meet up with my high school classmate, June who also has a baby - Justin. She came by to pick me up to go to her house for the night. That night another old school mate came by with her daughter and we had a good time catching up and laughing like we were 17 years old again!!


Picture op with Justin. Tyler said "It was him who farted"


Picture of us with our precious ones

On Sunday, after a quick breakfast, June and Allan dropped me off and we went off to meet my 4th uncle and his family. They were all quite taken by Tyler and took pictures with him. Tyler seem quite happy to be in the company of so many pretty young aunts!!


Picture with the Kim Ton family

My uncle gave us a treat at a Teochew restaurant and i had my fill of Teochew porridge which is probably one of my favorite food.

With that, we left KL and went home to Melaka. It was a hectic but fulfilling time of visiting family and eating good food!!!

No comments: