Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Malaysian Adventure Part 2

After returning from KL, I decided to spend the last few days in Melaka resting and just spending time with family. So, that's what we did. My granpa came by to visit a few times and to play with Tyler. One of the nights we visited one of my uncles and Tyler had a chance to play with his sweet little cousin who had an ever ready smile at all times.

Sweet little Sin Yee with her cutest smiles
Then it was time to leave. We decided to take a slow drive down to Singapore by making a few stops along the way. First stop was in Muar to see my old old school classmate of mine whom i've been best of friends with since we were 7. We reminised about the silly things we used to do as kids and had a good laugh about it. It was nice short visit and we were off.


Ee Chien and Tyler
Next destination was my old hometown that i grew up in - Batu Pahat. I was completely overwhelmed by all the changes that has happened. We stopped by to visit my 3rd uncle from my mom side and his family as well as some of my dad's old friends. I also gave one of my closest friends Chin Yen a surprise call and she was more than happy to meet up for dinner. We went to my favorite eating spot and had a good time catching up with recent developments. That night we stayed at my old house(which is being sold) and even had a chance to meet some of my old neighbours which was such a bonus.

Dinner at Glutton's Square for some yummy hawker food
The next day, we went out for some breakfast and made our way south to Johor Bahru. We visited 2 of my friends who happened to live 5 mins from each other. How lucky!! We spent a couple of hours with Yen Phing who just had her 2nd baby and am I glad to announce, i'm not the only baby with troll hairstyle! But troll or not, she was such a cutie. Her sister, whom we met on previous trips has grown so much and is so pretty and spent a lot of time talking to us and showing us her pretty new dress.
My favorite hairstyle - La Troll
Then we went to visit Ju-Li and her 2 boys. I was so impressed at how well behaved and good natured they both were. Jared especially was so sweet and constantly gave in to his little brother Jaden. It was nice to see Ju-Li again but soon, it was time to leave for our final destination - Singapore.

Ju-Li and her boys
We drove across to Singapore without much problems and even found my cousin's house without getting lost, thanks to my cousin's good directions!! We had a good time getting to know some of Tyler's cousins that i've probably really met for the first time. They were very sweet and loved taking care of Tyler while i caught a quick nap! We had a nice time catching up and left shortly after dinner to go spend the night at Aunt Shirley's apartment.

Picture with Cousin Yu and family
Again with good directions(we're not so good with directions in foreign asian locations) from my cousin, we found Aunt Shirley's place. After a quick cuddle with Aunt Shirley, we were happy to retire for the night.

Cuddling with Aunt Shirley
OK, it's once again 1 am in the night. I'll continue again another time...



No comments: