Friday, March 6, 2009

A night out with the gang - Oceanaire

Hans has been banging on the infamous bacon steak from Oceanaire for a couple of weeks that when he told us, he had reservations for Oceanaire, all of us signed up. He actually had to expand his reservation from 6 person to 12 person!

Alan and I got a babysitter and we went out for some pre-dinner drinks(strawberry malt) to relax and to discuss strategies to fatten up our son. A plan was hatched.


Alan and I getting cozy..

We got to the restaurant about 10 pm(I know, how ridiculous!!) and I was immediately ready to order. Once everybody arrived, ordering began and Alan and I found ourselves the only people in the group who didn't order from of the set menu. What boring friends we've got! And yes of course, the bacon steak was ordered.


Hans can't wait to get hold of the bacon steak

Food came and reviews went from good(my scallops) to bad(Alan's lamb) to terrible(Hans returned 2 marlins). The others gave their grunts of mediocre-ness. Even the bacon steak did not live up to expectations.

However, that did not stop us from having a good time :)

Goof balls in the group...

I should hang out with other adults to see if they goof about as much as us kids!!

1 comment:

Robert Bonner said...

Siew Gin and Alan,

My name is Robert Bonner; I am the General Manager of The Oceanaire Seafood Room in Denver. I am writing to firstly apologize and secondly rectify your last dining experience with us at The Oceanaire. I am sad to see that we produced anything that may be characterized as “Mediocre” or even worse “Bad”. I love our food and pride myself on sharing it with everyone. I have to assume, or at least hope that the kitchen was having a bad day, and I want to prove it to you that we can do better. Please email me at rbonner@theoceanaire.com or call me at 303.991.2277, and I will show you a great time and even greater cuisine!