Monday, July 4, 2011

Superior Downhill Mile - July 4th 2011

I have run this once before in 2009, so was aiming to run this faster than the last time. This is a straight downhill run which does give you a faster time if you can handle the fast downhill parts.

I did manage to complete this in 5:39 (Official), my FR60 running watch said I ran 1.09 miles in the same time which would have given me a 5:09 time... At this pace it doesn't sound like much of a discrepancy, but it amounts to 452 feet and 30 seconds... I am sure the distance is correct if you run straightest line, so next year need to run straighter !!


There was a guy running with a camcorder of some description and so a lot of my race was captured by him (for those in the family who didn't get up to see my race...)

Next year I think the whole family can do this one, as it is only a mile !!


2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Great run Alan, but OMG my eyes hurt!

evelyn and patrick said...

Great run enjoyed the vido