Saturday, July 30, 2011

Holy Cow Stampede 5k - Bringing home the Cow Bell

This is another race I do on a regular basis, and even though we had to go to Colorado Springs for Badminton State Games, I woke up early to do this run.

It starts at 8am, and is a nice trail course, I did see one guy do it barefoot, but as there is no shade, it was pretty hot.

I did pretty well in this race, 43 seconds faster than rogers river run, and came in at 22:27, finishing 9th overall out of 152.

Each mile was slower than the previous one, so still need to work on stamina, I didnt do that much running for the 2 weeks prior to the race, more bike and swim, so need to get back on the treadmill.

I did finish second in my division, so took home the Holy Cow Stampede 'Cow Bell', my first running trophy in some time

1 comment:

evelyn and patrick said...

Congratulations you must have been up early. Mum