Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Double cake weekend

By some weird chance, i managed to promise 2 people that i'd make them a cake this weekend. I really wanted an opportunity to practice some cake decorating but maybe not that much!!! :)

Anyways, so the first cake is my friend Emilio's cake. He wanted me to make him a pool table. It sounded a little daunting at first, but i thought it's actually not too hard. I did recruit him and Armen to come help me with some pool ball making!!

Emilio's cake final product

Apart from the balls, the rest of the cake are made with cream cheese frosting.

And then since i had already made 4 batches of frosting, i figured i'd continue to decorate Eiko's baby shower cake for her daughter in law.

Baby shower cake with fondant baby booties

So, i am actually not completely happy with this cake as it's not really what i had in mind. But it was at nearly 3 am when i found out that i'd lost one of the my molds and was too lazy to make more colors!! So, i just made do with whatever i've got.

So, moral of the story.. don't make 2 cakes in one night!!

No comments: