Sunday, July 1, 2012

Colorado National Speedway

Alan and I came to watch this maybe about 10 years ago and since we have 2 boys who likes cars and speed, we thought they might enjoy the experience of watching fast cars chase each other around a bumpy track and crash!

Tyler seemed to really enjoy it, though after 3 hrs, he did ask when it was going to finish. Cody only found it intriguing for 10 mins at best. My interest was somewhere in the middle between Tyler and Cody though a lot of that time i spent thinking how many millions brain cells am I am killing for every minute i sit in the heavily fumed stand.

There were quite a few events, but i've killed all the brain cells i needed to remember the names!! So, i can't tell you. However, I did like the Figure 8 racing as well as the amateur racing. Quite good entertainment value! Anyways, it was a fun family activity with the kids! :)

Cody is his cool cap

It's too loud, says Cody

One rare picture of me.

Car whizzing by..

We were supposed to stay till the end to watch fireworks but it didn't even end at 10:30 pm which was beyond my accepted time frame to the kids to stay up so, we left.

No comments: