Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sienna's Frozen Dress

For my lastest sewing project, i got an inspiration from Sienna who is crazy about the last Disney movie - Frozen. We were talking about the dresses and she was so animated that i thought i would try to make one for her. I also used it to bribe her to go take a nap(but she didn't)!!

I couldn't really find a pattern that matched the dress in the movie(it was kinda provocative). So, i just went with a simple dress and hoped the cape would sorta disguise the fact that it's not the same dress!

So, it took me about 5 weeks to finish the dress. When it was nearly done, i had asked for Cody's help to help me test for size. My awesome little boy did it without a 2nd thought! I will miss this when they grow up!!

This weekend, i finally got a chance to invite the Heides over to try out the dress and as expected, the cape did it's trick! :) Our little princess Sienna was quite happy with the dress and wore it the whole night while she was at our house! :)

My little Cody - the sweetest child on earth!! 

The dress is finally complete with the super long cape specially requested by Sienna!!

Princess Sienna!

Check out the pose!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are super talented ! Thank you for making her dreams come through !

evelyn and patrick said...

Very impressed

Siew Gin Mills said...

You're very welcome. It was a fun project!

Siew Gin Mills said...

Thanks, Evelyn! Means a lot coming from you! :)