Wednesday, October 17, 2007

3 cm dilated? What does it really mean?

So, on last Friday which is nearly a week ago, i went in for a doctor's appointment and got the verdict that i was already 3 cm dilated. The doctor looked a little impressed while i stared at her and said "What do you mean? I can't go into labor. I have a Harvest Party to hold tomorrow!"

She then said, "Well, nothing to get too excited about, coz you could stay this way for 2 weeks"

Anyways, maybe she's right. It's nearly a week and other than extreme paranoia on my part and Alan's frequent calling me at work asking how my contractions are coming along, nothing really has happened.

So, what does it really mean? Apparently not very much..... now i've probably jinxed myself and go into labor tonight!! *gulp*

No comments: