Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Visitors and 4th Harvest Party

This weekend, one of my best friends Terry and his wife came over to visit from San Diego. It was lovely to see them after so long and they had a good time laughing at my huge belly. Carine is a wonderful cook and they made me some yummy Malaysian food throughout the weekend. It's not often i give up my kitchen, but this was one of the rare moments. Man, i was in food heaven.

While they were here, I also had my annual Harvest Party. However, due to my constant need to use the bathroom at this stage, i opted to stay home and finish up cooking while the others go have fun at Anderson Farms. After a few hours of roaming in the corn maze and pumpkin patch, the gang came back to the house for some food and drinks before getting on with the pumpkin carving competition part of the night.

With tarp laid on the kitchen floor and furniture pushed aside, the group went to work. Pumpkin carving virgins were given a few helpful tips while the pros went off to create their time consuming designs. Anyways, here are some of the designs from this year and a picture of the group. For more pictures, visit http://www.siewgin.com/





Sabrina won the Pumpkin Carving competition with her intricate Cat design and Terry came in a close second with his house design.

The group then sang Karaoke into the night before threatening to play Taboo at 11:30 pm, which by then i was ready to pass out of exhaustion.

As always, i had fun during my annual Harvest Party and hope that the rest of the group did too. Till next year...

No comments: