Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Gert's Visit

This weekend, my friend Gert drove up from Alburquerque to spend the weekend with us. It was nice to see him again after nearly a year.


Gert checking Tyler out..

I met Gert about 7 yrs ago in a beginner Salsa class. So, I thought it'd be a good reunion if we went for a dance when he was here. After some investigation(I texted Steffen), I found out that Quemando was playing at St Julien's on Friday. So, that's where we(Gert, Steffen, Halden and I) went. But alas, Gert didn't feel quite up to it and so, we left before the dance ended and went to get some dinner. We had a nice meal at the Boulder Chop House which was not as good as i remembered.

On Saturday, after a lazy morning, we headed into Boulder for a spot of lunch at the Dushanbe Tea house and then followed by a brisk walk along Boulder Creek. We finished our walk, went for a quick drink at Trident coffee house before it was time to meet up with Delina and her parents at Jax Fish House.


Gert at Dushanbe Tea House - check out intricate designs on ceiling...

They screwed up our reservation and Delina was late but it worked out in the end. Jax Fish House had AWESOME seafood. I had a boat load of fresh oysters and jumbo sea scallops.. yummy! Ooh.. and crispy ahi rolls!! And their fried calamari was sooo good! Anyways, we had a great time with her parents despite our bad Spanish and their poor English.


Delina and her parent - while my camera was alive for a few seconds

On Sunday, we went to Los Cabos II which is our favorite Peruvian restaurant for their lunch buffet.. very good.. i'll have to write another blog on that. After lunch, Gert left for Alburquerque and I may see him again in May for Bolder Boulder..

I don't have many pictures of the weekend because i was an idiot and forgot to charge my camera!!!

No comments: