Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lunch with the Japanese group


Some table decorations and my bowl of tea

A few weeks ago, Armen invited me to join him and his Japanese friends for lunch at a traditional Japanese restaurant in Denver. I, of course, was more than happy to join him!

We went to Domo which is located in Downtown Denver. It was a tucked away little restaurant which had a lot of charm to its own. It was decorated in a rustic Japanese sorta way with wooden blocks as stools and had dried fungus as table ornaments.

I invited my friend Ken to join us as he was in Denver that day. As we both couldn't decide what to get, we got 3 set lunches between the two of us! I ordered Spicy Raw Maguro(tuna), he had some seafood in soup thing(I can't remember what its called) and then we also wanted to try the famous Japanese staple food - Nato, which is fermented soy bean.


Spicy Maguro with side dishes and Tomoko..

The food came with little side dishes which i've never had in a Japanese restaurant and they were yummy.. must go back.

After lunch, we took a quick look at the Japanese garden outside the restaurant and couldn't resist a group picture. Tyler was with me that day but he slept thru the whole eating process.. what a good boy!! hehe...


Group picture.. i can't believe there was no "peace" sign on any of these Japanese.. they must be fake!!

No comments: