Sunday, July 13, 2008

Where was Tyler?

After coming home from Aspen, Tyler had developed some sort of infection on his finger which required us to take him to the doctors, where we found out that he has lost more weight. That threw me into a terrible guilt trip and I swore to try harder and put Tyler's health at an elevated priority.


Tyler wore a sock over his hand to try to prevent him from yanking his bandage off.

So, when Alan said that he wanted to bring Tyler on the 14'er trip, I put my foot down and hired a babysitter. So, while we were killing ourselves on the 14'er, Tyler was home with our pretty babysitter from Panama.

She was really good with him. She fed, bathed and even took him to the park! And the only grief he gave her was when she was trying to feed him.

And without Tyler on the hike with us, I was also able to concentrate on my hike much better and i think that was both beneficial for me and for Tyler.

And in the next week, after a crazy feeding session, our doctor visit finally had some good news! Tyler had put on an incredible 8 oz!!!

No comments: