Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

I had initially planned on hosting Thanksgiving this year. But with Alan gone for the week and crazy crazy work schedule and also a court appearance(expired registration, but I got off! hehehe), I was in no shape or condition to slot that into my brain capacity.

Fortunately, the Chandrasekara's came to the rescue and took on the hosting and saved us all from eating Ramen noodles for Thanksgiving!! Yay!!!

So, to help out with the work load, we each prepared something to contribute to the feast. Tyler and I made Apple Pie and ice-cream, Alan(i made it, of course) brought stuffing, Addy with green bean casserole and mushrooms and soon our table was full of goodies. Our hosts made some yummy turkey, mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, and some bread.


Our hosts in their new home!

Damith who had his first turkey carving did a fantastic job slicing them all nice and thin.


Quite the skillful carver.

After a nice meal, we vegetated for a bit while some of us watched some "Chinese" movie that turned out to be "Japanese"!! I still can't believe it was not a happy ending too!!!


Tyler found a bear in Hish's room that he liked

Mommy and Tyler..
It was a nice relaxing Thanksgiving(because i didn't have to do the work, ha!).
And my answer to the Thanksgiving question: I am thankful for good friends who will pick up hosting a party when i can't quite do it!!!

No comments: