Sunday, November 20, 2011

Just like Geronimo !!

Many years ago we visited Geronimo in Santa Fe and forever afterward we have used this as our basis of restaurant comparison, often uttering the phrase - it's no Geronimo...

One of my favorite dishes is the fiery chile prawns with crispy jasmine almond rice cakes and caper basil sauce.
Original Geronimo fiery chile prawns
















Geronimo published a book which contains many recipes including my favorite one so I got the book for Siew Gin and have pestered her for years to make it.  Once in a while she would look at the recipe and say it was too long, too complicated etc etc, but I never gave up hope.

So this weekend I finally got the chance to eat home cooked Geronimo and it was as good as Geronimo if not better !!

Home cooked Siew Gin fiery Chile prawns























Siew Gin was inspired to make more items from the book, which can only be good news for me !!

Executive chef Siew Gin at Chez Millser
enjoying the fruits of her labor
























So perhaps we now have a new catchphrase - it's no Siew Gin chile prawn.

No comments: