Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Siew Gin is a winner

Our kids spend their days drinking milk that has PediaSmart added in it to ensure they maintain their weight.  The company that makes it had a competition for people to write in and give thanks and winners would become a featured story and receive some free products.

Siew Gin wrote a great story and was one of the 5 winners chosen to be published.

Winner !!














Here is the story


"Give Thanks"
Greatest Lessons In Life...by Siew gin Mills

When I was young, my mom always told me that if I did all my homework, I would never have to work hard. What she forgot to mention was, oh yeah, don't have kids! But I suspect that was an intentional omission on her part. As crazy busy and hectic as my life before, it is nothing compared to after the kids arrived. I once thought I was invincible and had all the answers. But, faced with 2 children with eating disorders quickly put humility in me. Each day they showed me new ways to harvest more patience and forgive more easily. Every meal time encouraged creativity that I never knew I had. And most of all, every night I go to bed knowing they are the greatest gift in my life. So, this Thanksgiving, I am grateful to my kids for these great lessons in life, to my mom for keeping the secret and to PediaSmart for providing me the peace of mind that my kids are getting the boost they need to continue to prosper in all they do.



No comments: