Saturday, November 3, 2012

Captain America and Fire Truck Cake

To match their outfits, i made a Captain America and a Fire Truck cake for their birthday party.

After watching the Great British bake off, i was inspired by the design inside the cake episode. So, i decided it was time to try it. I looked it up on youtube and it looked easy enough. The only part i was slightly concerned was coloring the cake.

For Cody, there wasn't much guess why Fire Truck was chosen. He LOVES fire trucks! I looked up a few and decided on a simpler version knowing that i wouldn't have that much time.

And sure enough, i did run out of time fairly quickly. At 12 am, i had not even started on any of the decorations. I had to make about 4 batches of cream cheese frosting and 1 buttercream frosting for all the cakes. The buttercream although gross was needed because of the colors. I needed a white frosting so that my colors will be true.

OK, there you go:

Tyler's Captain America cake

With surprise inside the cake! 

Cody's simple fire truck

I have decided 2 cakes in one night is just not a good idea. I don't have the time or focus to make it as nice as it should. So, no more multiple cakes per night for me!!

No comments: