Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tyler has officially beat me at swimming

I've been suspecting that Tyler can beat me at swimming for some time because every time we do a challenge, i quite often lose. But i thought maybe it's just me not trying hard enough(since i'm such a nice mother!)

But this weekend, while we were all swimming, i challenged him to a swim for a length of the pool(25 meters, i think) and off we went. First of all, i didn't even finish because as he blew past me, he basically kicked in my face. So, i had to change from free style to breast stroke. But he beat me. But i thought.. maybe i STILL wasn't trying ALL my best and i was distracted by his swimming.

So we did time trial style. He swam the whole length in 33 seconds. I swam as hard as i could( i know that because i couldn't even finish the whole length with free style, had to switch to breast stroke) in 40 seconds!!!

I guess i better practice my swimming if i want to keep up with the boys!!!!

Till my next challenge!!! Maybe i should try a running challenge.. not sure i'm ready for the truth yet. AND besides, i got bad knees!!!

2 comments:

evelyn and patrick said...

Looks like you will need to do more training. Congratulations to Tyler

Siew Gin Mills said...

I know! I should!!