Monday, February 18, 2008

Ugly duckling at the Ball... :(

This weekend, Steffen and I went to the Red and White Salsa Ball at the Denver Turnverein. Not sure what I was thinking, but i decided NOT to dress up. Maybe because Steffen showed up in blue or maybe because i was already 20 mins late.. but whatever it was, it was a choice i seriously regretted.

When i went downstairs, even Alan commented on my wrinkled pants!!! That should have sounded me off. But somehow i decided that night to ignore it.

So, you should see my dismay when i arrived at the Ball and everybody was dressed in their ball gowns and posh. I felt like Cinderella but still in her rags!!! *sob sob*..

I tried to convince Steffen we should go home and change but he was having none of that and convinced me that i was OK.

So, anyways, i vow that the next ball i go to, I'm going to be the Belle of the Ball!!! No more rags!!

(if i were unlucky enough to be caught in film by the photographer, i will post it as a punishment and reminder to never underdress!!)

No comments: