Sunday, February 10, 2008

More birthday and CNY celebrations

Of course there's more celebration.. :) I waited a good 30 years for this!! So, on Friday, I arranged for a Chinese feast to celebrate with 14 of my friends. We went to a Chinese restaurant in Boulder and went for the banquet meal option. 9 courses!

Unfortunately, the entire city of Boulder was also at the restaurant that night and we waited for more than 1.5 hrs before we got seated despite our prior reservation. However, despite a super late start, the food was good and I had a great time with my friends who were kind to shower with more gifts. I am quite the lucky girl!


My 9-course CNY feast celebration

Then on Saturday, i woke up bright and early to start preparing a traditional chinese new year vegetarian dish with Fat Choy for a CNY party hosted by my friend Lily. It was something I had never done before so, i had to call to consult my mom who gave very detailed instructions. So, plenty of braising, chopping and cooking later, my dish was ready! I wasn't sure if it was as good as my mom made it, but when i went back to get the dish, it was clean. I figured it must have not been too bad!


Picture of my vegetarian dish

It was a fun party at Lily's. There were about 50 people there and we did the traditional "Lo Hei" to bring in luck, prosperity for the year. Food was good and plentiful as usual. Tyler, who went with me, had a great time being carried around and fussed about by many people(Alan was not feeling well, so he didn't go).


Tyler and his Chinese pony-tail .. hehehe..

No comments: