Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hans : Not just a party boy!

It's quite common for our group to "adopt" single men in our little clique based on their good qualities(e.g. Steffen for his reliability and cleaning ability, Darshan for his indian cooking ability). After this Saturday's accidental discovery, Hans is now quite the popular bargaining chip!!! Read more for details..

It happened after the Cupcake Tour and another cry off from the Contos. Alan and I who were going on our 2nd hot date for the weekend found out that our reservations had been cancelled. Obviously disappointed, I tried to make alternate plans and when Hans mentioned doing our own fondue, i was excited to finally use my almost brand new 7 yr old fondue set.

So, after a few changes of menu and a couple of hours later, we reconvened at my house and the cooking of the feast started. Hans single-handedly orchestrated the whole operation while Sabrina and I acted as obedient minions did everything from cutting up onions to deveining shrimp with the shell on to chopping up cilantro to grating cheese. Therefore, it was to no one's surprise, 1.5 hours later, we were presented with a feast way better than any restaurant could serve!

We had, ok, let me think:
Potato au Gratin(awesome), mushroom(different), goat cheese balls(yummy), mussels(mmmm), shrimp(great), brussle sprouts(fantastic), steaks(3 flavors) and not forgetting a cheese fondue(my idea, hehe).



The feast!


Alan congratulating me for my excellent skills of picking out friends who can cook!


Hans, forever the charmer

So, at the end of the night, our image of Hans changed from a cool party goer to an excellent contributor to the group!!! Ladies.. any interest?

No comments: