Monday, April 8, 2013

Omakaze at Sushi Leo

As many of you know very well, i love to EAT~ and that may be an understatement. But more than yummy food, i pursue variety and am eager to try new things and new ways to make things. How many hours of my life is spent browsing through recipes, i don't even want to know.

Anyways, i was eating lunch at my favorite local sushi restaurant when the sushi chef tempted me to come try some fresh uni(sea urchin) and i asked my friend James to come along for the experience. When we got there, we got a little carried away and decided to do an full omakaze. It's a Japanese way of saying, the freshest fish of the day and the chef decides what we eat! 

We were very excited and were then presented with the following dishes.

Fresh sea urchin, so creamy, soooooo goood....

Silver fish platter

Tuna tataki

Hot white roll

Can't remember what this is

Unagi with snow crab roll

Monk fish liver

This was the spanish mackerel before it became our meal

Spanish Mackerel is currently my favorite fish..

Anyways, we agreed it was a fantastic meal and promised to treat ourselves once every quarter, so I'm looking forward to June!

No comments: