Wednesday, May 1, 2013

ABC Soup and food in general

When i was a child, i used to love ABC soup. I can't remember if we had it often as we weren't brought up on canned or processed food. But i remember being very intrigued by it. Recently when i was reading Cody a book, they talked a little bit about ABC soup and i told him i'd make him ABC soup as he was always requesting for the book.

After looking around i found that you could just buy the actual pasta without the horrible canned stuff. I thought that's perfect because i could just make some healthy soup and throw in the ABCs!! It was a hit with the kids! They ate all the carrots and onions and good stuff and had fun finding letters for their names!! I guess i'll be introducing more soupy stuff this way!!! :)

Nutritious and educational!!


Tyler having fun with his ABC soup!!

And today Tyler told me something that delighted me no end:

We were looking at some cooking supply magazine and i saw some cooking classes for kids!
Me : Tyler, look, they have cooking classes for kids.
Tyler : Wow, that's cool! But mommy.. you can just teach us how to cook.
Me : Why?
Tyler : coz you know how to make everything!!
Me : :)

I thought i'd write it down as a reminder of when my child thinks highly of me as i'm sure this kind of reverence will not last forever!

No comments: