Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Recent sewing projects

So, i haven't been talking much about my sewing classes but I've been taking more classes most of the summer and i just finished another 5-week class.

I've made a few more stuff. So, here are some pictures.

A pencil skirt and jacket

The pencil skirt is pretty straight forward but we learned to do the invisible zipper on it. The jacket on the other hand was a tough project. It had darts and lining and sleeves and all the crazy stuff. And of course by the time i was nearly done, we found that the jacket was too big on me, so we had to undo everything, made the sleeves smaller, decided we didn't want the shoulder pads. We didn't count how many weeks it took us, but we were happy our teacher didn't charge us for the extra classes. It would have been a VERY expensive jacket!

The vintage dress

I did this dress in my latest class as a personal project. I had bought the pattern and thought it looked pretty easy. Took me 5 weeks!! It looks quite ok but the front this a little weird..

I've also sewn a cape for Tyler as he's been running around with a polka dot fabric tied to his neck. I did an applique on it too! I'll have to take a picture of it! :)

No comments: