Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

It's my first Mother's Day and we'd stupidly scheduled our annual badminton tournament on that day! Doh!!! Despite my best efforts to move it, Alan had put his heart in it.

So, we celebrated it on Saturday instead.


Tyler and his hand-made Mother's Day Card

I was woken up by Tyler handing me my Mother's Day card. He even made one himself though i think he had help from the ladies at Daycare. He also got Alan to help him buy some store bought ones and Alan helped him put a picture in it.

Then I was treated to a nice brunch at Dixon's at downtown Denver. I had some super rich eggs benedict with smoked salmon and a margarita with a bloody mary twist(virgin of course). Yummm... after all that heavy eating, I came home and took a guilt free nap.. hehehe..


Yummy....

I haven't quite gotten the hang of Mother's Day and my friend told me it will take 1-2 years to figure out what i would like out of it. So, maybe next year my Mother's Day will be more exciting than a brunch and nap!


Me and my boys...

Oh, being a mother has also somehow made me quite forgetful. I actually forgot to buy cards for my mother and Alan's mom. Aiyiyi... again... first year.. I'll do better next year.

Happy Mother's Day moms!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhh.... Totally forgotten to send you one extra card this year -- "Happy Mother's Day"! Sounded like you were spoiled by your peeps! :P