Monday, May 19, 2008

Hectic weekend continues...

On Sunday, the MLC gang met up again for an early short hike. We must like each other a lot, I tell you. We got to the C house for a quick breakfast at 9 am before we head to Betasso Preserve, just outside Boulder. Well, perhaps "quick" is not that appropriate.. but i digress..

This was our first official hike of the year. We hope it is the start of many more hikes for this year. I was just telling Alan that between his bike accident and my pregnancy, we have 2 yrs' worth of summer to catch up on!


The MLC gang hitting the trail..

The hike was nice as the weather was too hot. Tyler managed to stay awake almost 3/4 of the hike and finally nodded off in his Bjorn in defeat at the end.

Then for lunch, we met up with Armen and Tomoko for a spot of Creole which was nice but again filling. On our way home, during some quick shopping, Veronica called to invite us over for dinner. I offered to bring some steak that we just got from Costco.

We were having a great time sitting in their beautiful backyard when i got a call. It was my friend Zach from CA telling me he was on my way to our house! OMG!! I need a new brain. I totally forgot he was coming to town this weekend. I mean, I invited him over for dinner a few weeks ago and totally blotted it out from memory! Aiyiyi... Veronica and Adam were kind enough to accomodate one more guest, so Zach arrived and everybody was happy and we had a great time and had some lovely steak, outdoors and all.


Zach and the Contos in their beautiful backyard

OK, so, warning to all. Please call and remind me that you're coming to town if you're visiting me. You may end up knocking on a house with nobody in it!! And I'll start using my calendar feature more...



Zach and Tyler having fun!

The weekend is over and i still have a bunch of housework undone. Hmm... having fun and being responsible is not as easy as I thought. Maybe I'll catch up next week.. Having fun is just more.. umm.. fun!

No comments: