Friday, March 26, 2010

Chocolate Fire Makati

Alan has always hoped that i would one day be a food reviewer and he would get to stop spending money on my expensive eating habits! So, maybe i'll give it a shot. I'd already gotten my friends a free eating extravaganza once at a seafood restaurant in Denver!!

Alan was working from home on Friday, so, he was available to take us out to check out a restaurant near our house called Chocolate Fire. Turned out it was a new restaurant that served lots of chocolaty stuff - truffles, chocolate dipped strawberries, choc dipped pringles, dried fruits, hot chocolate(hot and cold), coffee and stuff. They also had sandwiches but i didn't really check it out.

I got the chocolate dipped pringles coz i like salty sweet combination and also a cold chocolate to go with it. Alan got some chocolate volcanos and others. I can't remember(i'm not very good at this review thing, am I??)

So, here are my 2 cents. I didn't like the milk chocolate variety(too sweet) but the dark chocolate is quite good. The cold chocolate drink was too milky and was nothing special. I tried some of Alan's stuff and nothing really wow'ed me. Atmosphere was nice though the paying system seemed a little haphazard as you had to pay for your chocolate and drinks with different order sheets. But they did offer Tyler a little kiddo-chino for free which i thought was quite cute.

Anyways, here are some pictures of:

A super rare opportunity that i get to have my picture taken with my two boys

Our chocolate goodies

Tyler and his Kiddo-cino

We've also been letting Tyler handle the camera lately so that he could learn to use it(not sure how long the camera will last!!). He is getting better at it though i still have to spend lots of time deleting pictures of ceilings and floors and half faces!


We often have to duck down just to get our faces in

Not a bad shot by Tyler..

No comments: