Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Great ambitions and all that..

When we were little, my parents(my mom mostly) would point to a poor person like a maid or something and say "If you study hard and get good grades, you don't have to work so hard like her".

So, i studied hard, got a scholarship, went to engineering school and what do I do everyday? Cook, clean, cook, clean, run after kids and work till my bones ache.

I think what my mom failed to also say was "You must also not have kids and your husband must be rich so that you can hire a maid!" ha!!

So, my advise to you people who are lazy - Don't have kids unless you marry someone filthy rich!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

jajajaja Siew Gin, finally you got the point, see!!! ( just kiddindg)
but dont feel that way, I think it is precious to take care of your family too. some day they will be very grateful!!!.
life is not only about working like an ant or a bee, but also enjoying little things and sharing good times,,,,with people you love. see them happy, makes you happier
cheers!!!
from your lazy marmot friend.xxx

eileen said...

Hahaha!!
How very true.. Same situation for me :-)
Being a SAHM is a tough but fulfilling job.

Siew Gin Mills said...

Eileen : I think most asian kids have heard that line before and can relate to that, eh!