Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Last stop on our journey round the world - England!

Inspired by some of my friends, who travelled alone with their kids, i decided that it was time that i took this challenge. So, i decided to take the kids and travel on to England without Alan. Once again, i was labelled "crazy" by some of my friends! ha!! But there are methods to my madness..

1. I've always wanted to spend some time in England.
2. Tyler is beginning to form memories of people, i wanted him to bond with this set of grandparents.
3. Grandad hasn't seen Cody yet.
4. If we didn't go, we might not see the grandparents this year.
5. I wanted Tyler and Cody to spend some time with their other cousins.
6. When i was younger, i used to love going to my grandparents house. I wanted Tyler to have a chance to run around in grandma's garden, relax and do mundane things, and just spend some quality time with grandma and grandad.
7. I had nothing to do in the Philippines and i needed the challenge to know i can handle 2 kids on my own!

Our 3-week stay was lovely and we got to do all kinds of stuff. From mundane to exciting, from cold to hot, we got it all! Grandma and Grandad worked hard entertaining all of our whims and desires and they've definitely made it up the list of Tyler's favorite people! And i even got lots of home cooked meals nearly everyday, which was a treat!

We also got to visit lots of nearby attractions that were both fun for me and the kids. I love the English country side and just driving thru the pretty villages and lush fields makes me wish that i live there!!

Anyways, i'll start blogging about the trips in more details after this.. stay tuned!

No comments: