Thursday, January 12, 2012

My first pie crust!

Though i've been experimenting a lot of with different cakes and frosting, i've always been intimidated by crusts due to initial crust failures. So, this year, one of my resolutions was to take on crusts! So, when Richard Juday from badminton invited me over for a pecan pie making lunch, i was more than happy to jump to the opportunity.

And it turned out to be pretty simple. Nothing complicated and even easy!! :) But of course the crust veteran was standing right next to me, telling me, nope, too thick, too thin.. a little more.. Next stop, my own pie crust! I also discovered this nifty little thing called pastry cloth and sock. Ordered one right away. Just in time for rolling out my pineapple tarts that i'll hopefully be making in time for Chinese New Year!

My first pie crust

As you can see, my face has ballooned to match the roundness of my pie crust, so, time to do some exercise, me thinks!!! Or less food!!

No comments: