Saturday, January 14, 2012

Baking baking and more baking

Alan had wanted to eat meat pie and it took all of my effort to not cave in to not buy the store bought ready made pie crust. So, Saturday morning,  I woke up and started making my virgin pie crust! And since i was baking, i thought i'd make something for the kids too. Evelyn's cheese straw came to mind. So, i put that together too! :)

Oooh, i also got to use my new pastry cloth and rolling pin sock which made it super easy!!

So, the verdict:

Pie crust turned out perfect. Crumbly and not soggy.

I only did make the short crust. Not sure i'm ready to take on puff pastry yet!!!

Crumbly and cheesy. Kids didn't like it at all but Alan loved it!!

Then on Sunday, I also made some corn bread to use it to accompany my chili. Texture was great though it was a little bland. Turned out the recipe was made for a special homemade cream of corn. Next time, i'll try that. I'll have to get rid of this at work tomorrow with a bit of butter and honey! :)

Creamed Corn Bread

1 comment:

didi said...

the meat pie is awesome. tastes great and the crust is just right. i give five stars.. didi

Ron likes the corn bread. it's just like how he remembered it.. it brings tears to his eyes.