Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Steak au Poivre

I've been making steaks for the group for quite sometime now(Damith has since got his own grill and does half the steak nights) but we've always been quite conservative with our choice of marinade. I did try out a tamari-cumin sauce on the group and i'm not sure they noticed.

This week  for our routine steak nights, i thought i'd just go for a different steak(ok, still the same cut). Steak au Poivre or simply pepper steak looked particularly tempting to me and it involved a different way of cooking which excited me. What? Variety is the spice of life.. tee hee..

So, out of 5 people i got 3 adventurous people to join me on this new adventure! And i have to admit, i had fun doing it. Here are some pics:

Steak not grilled but fried in butter...

Flambed with brandy

Topped up with cream

Meat, alcohol and fire!! What can go wrong and it is definitely my current favorite steak and all that tried it agreed! Yummm.... 

No comments: