Friday, June 13, 2008

Crazy week

Last week proved to be a crazy stressful week for me. I was pulled into a meeting and was told that my division has been sold to Western Digital. All of us were shocked beyond words. Then the madness of last minute meetings, signing of papers, insurance started. By the end of the week, just when we thought we got the hang of it, I was blown away by another awful news. My awesome manager told us he was getting another job. As he was really the pillar in our group, that news really devastated us. With him gone, this whole work situation is going to get a little bit more interesting to say the least.

Then Tyler had a doctor's appointment that delivered some news of possibilities of asthma or some viral infections and had to go for an x-ray. Will write more when i know more.

So, by Friday evening, my nerves were wrecked and just craved a little bit of quiet time and to talk things thru with somebody. So i was secretly pleased that our baby-sitter arrangement fell through for Friday. I volunteered to stay and babysit Tyler while Alan and the rest of the gang went for a play and dinner in Denver. I turned to Armen for a listening ear and some comfort soup to sooth my nerves. It worked. By the end of the night, i felt so much better and was ready to take on my new changes..

The rest of the gang also had a great night out and were pleased with the play. I saw pictures from that night and there were lots of kissing going on. Not sure what that was all about...


The calm before the kissing frenzy..

No comments: