Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day continues..

After the hike at Red Rocks, we headed over to Buffalo Bill's Grave at Lookout Mountain. The origin of the mountain was, planes used to fly around the area and when they got a little too close to the hill, they used to shout "Look OUT, Mountain!!!". hehehe.. not really, that was Alan's version of history.

Anyways, we headed home after that and on the way home, more details of my guests' arrival were ironed out. I had exactly half an hour after i get home to do a little bit of tidying up and shower before I was going to pick up Eric and his girlfriend(more details later). I also made some super last minute plans for a quick BBQ party for my guests.

So, at about 4 pm, when we got home from shopping for the party, we arrived home and found that the rest of the gang had arrived. So, in total, 10 of them!!! Who are these people?? They are the Andrews family. My american family from Michigan!!!


From left: Nathan, Amy(gf), Danae, Kirsten, Eric, Karen, Britta, Ken, Lisa and Michelle

A little bit of history. I met them when i was in MSU. While i was there for 2 years, they put up with me and welcomed me into their family(they are saints!!). I got invited over for all kinds of family functions and fun stuff. We've kept in touch since I left MI and they've visited me a couple of times and it's always so fun when they visit. Makes the house so much more alive!

This is what they looked like when I met them.. Karen, Nathan, Danae, Michelle, Ken, Lisa and Eric(pre Kirsten and Britta days)

And man, do they make the phrase "many hands make light work" come true. Within a short time, my party was on, burgers were being cooked, salad made, corn boiled, table set, all the works. We had a nice meal on the deck from all that and cut the Father's Day cake at the end.


An instant party..


Do you know how hard it is to get 3 guys to smile at the same time?

Since they were going up to the mountains that evening, they left shortly after dinner(not before they cleaned up too!!) and promised to be back in a few days.

No comments: