Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve

Despite big efforts during the week to get Xmas preparations on schedule, I still somehow was half a day off. So, i decided the less stressful way was to take Christmas eve off.

In the morning, i did a quick last minute shopping run, posted all the Xmas letters(yay!!) and came home to do some mad baking.

I was planning a traditional English Xmas dinner and thought hard about desserts. Evelyn had sent me a Xmas pudding(thank you!!) but i needed something else. I came up with the Yule Log since it was one of the more memorable dessert i had when i was in England for Xmas.
I had never done this before and decorating wasn't my forte(yet!). :) I just need to practice.

After a few hours of baking and beating and whipping and enduring endless jokes from Alan and Steffen. I thought my Yule Log turned out alright!! Even managed to squeeze another batch of cookies!!

What do you think?


My Yule Log. It's supposed to look like a log..

Anyways, once i was happy with my baking, we made some quick dashes around trying to get ready to go to Damith and Sabrina's for Xmas Eve dinner. It's a 2nd year tradition that we do a Mexican Christmas on Xmas eve. And with some fresh cookies in hand, we were off!

Sabrina churned out some nice Spanish rice and some of her awesome salsa. We ate it with some steak meat and oh yeah, Menudo(tripe soup) for Sabrina and I!! Yum..


All of us at dinner..

After dinner, we decided to let Hish open her presents as she was leaving the next day. But we ended up spending a lot of time photographing their Chrismas tree instead.. :) Hish did eventually open her pressies.


Their nice tree..

After that, we watched an English Xmas short movie and headed home. Once we got home, though dead tired, i did some quick tidying up and set up my dinner table because i've been caught way too many times not having my table ready when guests arrive.


My table setting..


With my yule log!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

No comments: