Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gut Buster 11 Miler under 40 minutes

I have been going to the rec center near our house to swim, and by chance I happened to spot an expresso fitness bike These allow you to ride against a pacer, and if you create a login, you can ride against yourself and others. I selected the Gut Buster course which is rated as extreme, it is 6 miles uphill, with some sections at 35% gradient, then 5 miles downhill. I normally use the rowing machine then do the Gut Buster, then run, then swim..

When I first tried this I did it in 48 minutes, which seemed slow, so I set about trying to break 40 minutes. It is made easier by using the pacer as well as your previous rides which appear as ghosts so you know how much faster you are doing than your previous best. This morning I managed to break the e(xc)lusive 40 minute barrier by 1 second.

No comments: