Sunday, July 19, 2009

Donor Dash 5k Washington Park

A hectic few days of activity culminated in a few hours sleep Saturday night after the moonlight classic bike ride, then an early start for the Donor Dash 5k. My legs still felt tired from all the biking the previous week, but I thought that should help my stamina if not my speed...

I was totally surprised by the number of entries for this race, 3,000 was the official number who registered and 2,390 finished it. I didnt manage to get close to the start so lost a few seconds, but I felt okay in the run, and managed to knock another 10 seconds off my time, so nearly 30 seconds faster than my first 5k race this year, good steady improvement...

So where did I finish, well I managed to come in 75th place, which out of 2,390 is pretty respectable. My next race is Holy Cow Stampede, this is a nice out and back run, but is usually pretty hot, so looking for a fast time...

No comments: