Sunday, July 19, 2009

Moonlight Classic Midnight Bike Ride

Once a year, there is a midnight bike ride around Denver. I have done this a number of years and every year they seem to change something, the month, the course and so on. This year a few of us rode together (Alan, Steffen, Damith, Sabrina, Hish and Dave) on the 10 mile closed course, which seemed fairly flat, and was 'closed' to traffic.

So 4,000 bikes ride around Denver for a few hours then get to eat breakfast and go home and sleep.

We rode the course twice this year, the first lap all of us rode together, the second lap Steffen and I rode together as I wanted to finish quickly and get some sleep as I had a 5k race the next day. The second lap was quicker, but the closed course was now open and no longer sign posted so we spent probably a third of our time waiting for the lights to change..

All in All, good fun, next year, I may attach Tyler to the bike somehow and let him do a lap !!

No comments: