Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4th Party 2009


Happy July 4th - featuring Addy and our one good fireworks! Read more...

I have been slacking on the party hosting front for a few months and was guilted into hosting this year's July 4th party. I do need a few nudges once in a while to get into my usual party party mode!!

I did have help from a few friends..


Sabrina with her 4th of July cake..



Rahul helped with my BBQ wings..


Akshay was in charge of my "cucur udang"
That day we had about 17 guests show up and there were plenty of eating and chatting and catching up. There was as usual too much food but nobody complained!! :)


A group picture of some of the guests.

Once it got a little dark, we went on to let off some of the fireworks that i purchased. We found out that night fireworks that are sold in Colorado are pretty wimpy. They don't fly or make much noise. Now, what good is a firework if it doesn't do that!!! So, i was pretty disappointed with most of my wimpy fireworks.


Our fireworks spectators..


Addy and Damith at the lighting of wimpy fireworks 1...


Damith and Armen lighting wimpy fireworks 2....

Towards the end of the my dismal collection of fireworks, we let off my "biggest" purchase which turned out to be pretty good. Even got some applauses from our neighbours!! That's my feature picture of this blog!!

Then we came in and took some silly pictures.. below is one of them..


Ladies with their hats..

Then we moved outdoors again to go watch some REAL fireworks in the nearby park. As usual, the whole place is a zoo and we managed to find a nice spot..

Always glad that we can walk to our local fireworks display!

We managed to catch some nice fireworks and Tyler who was initially intrigued, lost interested and spent the rest of the time playing with the tarp.

The group at the start of fireworks display...
All in all, i am glad i hosted the party and spent the day with close friends and good food!! :)

No comments: